Call Us 24/7!
Windscreen Replacements & Repairs
If you’re reading this on our website, the chances are that you’re windscreen needs a repair or replacement.
The good news is that our technicians can repair or replace your windscreen at your work or home. We are mobile and we come to where you are at no additional cost to our customers.
When you call us at D & C Auto Glass, you get an instant, obligation free quote for your windscreen repair or windscreen replacement.
The Significance of your Windscreen
The windscreen is there to protect the occupants of a vehicle from all sorts of things external of the vehicle but they also have a very important job in supporting the structural integrity of the vehicle.
Modern windscreens are designed to not shatter or break in an accident, reducing the danger of occupants being injured and to assist drivers in staying safe also.
Despite being built tough, however, windscreens can still get cracks and chips from various forms of impact and these can affect the structural integrity of the windscreen.
How do you know if you need to replace or repair your windscreen?
Essentially, anything that impedes the driver’s vision must be repaired.
If your windscreen is sandblasted, it may be a good idea to get it replaced and you’ll quickly see the difference when you’re driving.
If you have a crack, it can quickly spread so it may be a good idea to change your windscreen, especially during the winter months. By not replacing your cracked windscreen, you risk damage to your vehicle’s internal computer systems and that will be much more expensive to repair in the long run than a simple windscreen replacement! Why risk it?
What do I tell my Mobile Windscreen Technician?
Your mobile windscreen technician will need to know the following information in order to bring the right windscreen or side glass to the job -
- The year, make and model of your vehicle.
- Whether your car is equipped with rain sensors, in-built antenna, brake/lane assist or forward-facing cameras.
- What and where the damage is - location, type and size of crack or chip
- If the glass you need replaced is a side or quarter glass, which side of the vehicle is it?
How is a Windscreen Replaced?
- The technician removes the trim around the windscreen.
- The sealant is cut using an appropriate tool and trim blade.
- Industrial gloves are used to remove the damaged windscreen.
- Mounting surface is cleaned and new sealant and primer applied.
- New windscreen is lowered into place and seated.
- The perimeter of windscreen is re-trimmed.
- Temporary adhesive tape is applied whilst sealant cures.
The whole process can take around 60 to 90 minutes. The vehicle cannot be driven for an hour after the install to allow the curing of the urethane.
How much will it cost?
Windscreen repairs can start from as little as $100, whilst replacements can vary from $250 all the way through to $1000.
This depends on the size and type of damage being repaired, or the type of windscreen that’s being replaced.
For instance, the windscreen on a fully optioned European SUV is bound to cost a lot more than the one on a 15-year-old hatchback.
Click here to get a free and instant quote for your windscreen replacement.
Can I drive my car straight away?
We recommend you do not drive your vehicle for an hour after installation so that the glue can cure properly.
For more information please don't hesitate in giving us a call or fill in our online inquiry form.